Alexander “Xander” Guzman
499 S. Nile St
Denver, CO 80012
Looking for the next great project in a leadership or senior role. Using highly scalable modern technologies in or out of the public cloud.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached
- C, C++, C#, PHP, Python, Java, Go
- Windows 10, OSX, Ubuntu 12.04+
- AWS: CloudFront, Api Gateway, Lambda, EMR, EB, S3, RDS, Cloud Watch, X-Ray
eFolder, inc – Denver, CO 06/2015 – Present
- Managed a team of six engineers with a variety of technical abilities. Guided the team towards technical excellence by implementing a SDLC process for managing work, technical debt, testing, and automation.
- Mentored two engineers to senior positions with one being promoted to a leadership role.
- Architected and built a Key Management RESTful API application using JSON-API, and python. Built on top of AWS CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda and Aurora/RDS.
- Architected and built a Vendor Ticket Management System as a microservices application built with Cobra, Goa, and gRPC in the Go programming language.
- Collaborated with our Front-End engineer to build our Core UI/UX library in Ember.js.
- Helped implement our testing automation framework using docker containers and docker compose.
- Architected and built a Telemetry workflow using AWS Kinesis, Prometheus, Grafana and Java.
eFolder, inc – Denver, CO 10/2014 – 06/2015
Senior Web Developer
- Maintained a core to business LAPP (Linux, Apache PostgreSQL, PHP) application that manages all of the company’s billing, reporting, and vendor integrations as well as acted as the principal user portal for our customers.
- Architected the next generation of the portal using the Lambda Architecture.
mywedding.com – Denver, CO 12/2012 – 01/2014
- Managed project for migrating monolithic PHP application into a services oriented system.
- Architected a media management system in PHP with a RESTful API which serves thousands of requests per hour.
KulaCauses, Inc – Denver, CO 08/2012 – 12/2012
- Architected a backend service in PHP using the Zend Framework 2
- Mentored other developers in best practices and guidelines. Promoted an SDLC process for managing work.
- Collaborated on a front end application written in python with Flask.
i3Logix, Inc – Denver, CO 08/2011 – 8/2012
- Collaborated with a team of developers to build a SaaS document management solution using Zend Framework 1, PostgreSQL, Apache, and Linux
- Mentored other developers and provided a foundational framework for test driven development.
The Library Corporation – Denver, CO 03/2011 – 8/2011
- Part of a team that worked on a Library inventory and finance management system built using SOAP-RPC and Hibernate.
- Consulted on implementing a test driven development workflow powered by JUnit, PHPUnit, JMeter, and Jenkins.
BroadNet – Highlands Ranch, CO 04/2010 – 03/2011
Senior Platform Engineer
- Maintained and managed a large scale telecommunications platform which entailed multiple multi-million row databases, proprietary windows applications, and web platform.
- Improved the quality of the existing systems by building management and monitoring tools.
Pronto, Inc – Boulder, CO 09/2007 – 04/2010
- Designed and implemented web framework for internal tools that managed a data pipeline used for aggregating consumer product information and pricing into a searchable index.
NetDevil, LTD. – Lafayette, CO 11/2006 – 11/2007
- Built core utility libraries to facilitate application and system wide data transmission, metric data collection, and general event logging.
- Implemented core database abstraction layer using ADO and C++.
WallStreet on Demand – Boulder, CO 11/2005 – 9/2006
Westwood College – Denver, CO
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science